Friday, November 11, 2011

Thanks Dad and Dan

I'm blessed to be the daughter and wife of veterans.  My dad was a paratrooper in the 101st Airborne Division during WWII, jumped at D Day, and was wounded at Bastogne (Battle of the Bulge) and during the invasion of Holland.  I'm so thankful he survived to come home, marry Mom, and have Bruder Bear and me.  The picture below, taken "somewhere in Europe", is cropped from a larger group photo and is not the best.  Dad is the one standing.


My sweetie, Dan, served at Cam Rahn Bay, Vietnam, from December 1968 to December 1969,  While he wasn't on the front lines, he dodged rocket attacks and stood guard duty many long and lonely nights while working on airplanes by day.  I'm thankful he came home, found me, and made all my dreams come true.


Thinking of all those who have served over our country's history.  We are blessed beyond belief.  Give your veterans a hug or a call and say thank you.

4 comments:

  1. Utmost thanks and respect to your honorable soldiers!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's a fascinating and poignant topic -- those who came back vs. those who didn't. I, too, thank your vets.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Kathy, yes, a day like today makes you think of all those families who have had loss. Life is so fragile; we must be thankful and give thanks to those we can.

    ReplyDelete