No, Moby's not home. This is his cousin, Stitchy, on loan from the shop while Dr. Sam continues to treat poor Moby. However, it is wonderful to be able to stitch again with all the bells and whistles! Jumbo hoop project coming up!
The OESD Christmas collections Bernina offers each fall are wonderful again this year, but my favorite of all the designs is the lace box. It's beautiful.
I think I'll attach a ribbon to the center and hang it from the tree. Hmmm, or maybe I'll set it on one the of glass shelves in the niche by the fireplace. Decisions... Here's what the pieces look like before "some assembly required."
These were all made on my old Brother ULT and it did a wonderful job, but with Stitchy's arrival, my sewing mojo is back!
I haven't started decorating for Christmas yet. The days are sunny and cold, with no more snow, so it seems a shame to hurry fall out the door. Winter will soon enough be upon us, but I'm truly enjoying these stunning last autumn days. Thanksgiving seems to be getting the bum's rush lately, so I've decided to make it my mission to extend it to its rightful prominence this year.
You don't know where to put the beautiful little box? Make another -- and another -- and another. I went with family members to the "Festival of Trees" Thanksgiving Day. The Seaport Quilters Guild decorated a tree with quilted items and OESD designs. Harriet (my sister) made sure I saw the tree and told me she would love to receive some of those machine lace ornaments for Christmas. Hmmmmm. That's not what I made for her, but I can probably work in a few ornaments anyway.
ReplyDeleteHere's hoping your own machine gets better soon.
I've stitched out three of them so far, but Mom really loved the one I showed her, so I'll give her one, or possibly two. They do take a while to stitch out, so we'll see if I get any more made this year. I'm glad Harriet liked the ones she saw, and yes, you can probably tuck in a few to sweeten the package. :-)
ReplyDeleteYou know, in the middle of the night (when I do my thinkin', it occurred to me that if Harriet wants ornaments, Harriet can have ornaments. Someone else can have the pillowslips. I made an angel this morning. You're right that it takes a while to stitch out the more intricate designs.
ReplyDeleteI'm slow to put away Thanksgiving here, too. Yesterday I tucked the pilgrims back into their boxes.
Even though lace does take so much time, I do love it. I'm still amazed at the end product--such beauty made of thread! I know we could make similar items with our crochet hooks, but...
ReplyDeleteHarriet will love her new ornaments and love that you made them for her. I can hear your machine humming away. :-)