Wednesday, November 30, 2011

November, Where Did You Go?

Just yesterday, or so it seems, I did the post for Veterans Day, and now tomorrow starts December.  I must confess (probably not for the first time) that September through December is my favorite time of the year.  There is such a beauty in the months and excitement in the holidays.  Poor January.  

Anyhoo (I just love that non-word), I had an unexpected few hours this morning due to a last minute cancellation of Bible study and so I've spent them devising my plans for our Christmas card.  I haven't made our cards for a few years because I didn't think of it in the summer and I was too tired and/or busy to do it by the time they should be sent.  Since it's still November, I feel I'm waaaay ahead of myself here and I'm feeling pretty good about it.  I hope to go into production this afternoon. There will be no pictures today because some of you will be receiving our card.  :-)

This morning I read this thought-provoking quote from Ann Voskamp: "Whenever Christmas begins to burden, it's a sign that I've taken on something of the world and not of Christ.  Any weight in Christmas has to be of this world."  Excellent words to remember.  

May your December be filled with joy as we celebrate the birth of Jesus and share His love.

2 comments:

  1. Love the wallpaper, Chris! Where indeed did November go? But it's always like that. Suddenly the holidays are upon me before I'm ready. But I tell myself it really doesn't matter because I will keep Christmas in my heart all year.

    Your quote is so appropriate. I think we could substitute the word "life" for "Christmas" and have a statement to live by.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kathy, thanks for the compliment on the wallpaper. It's not my usual (kinda reminds me of that quilt I shared here a few weeks ago), but it's festive and cheery and it does make me smile. :-)

    And your idea of using that quote all year is a good one! Thanks, and so true.

    ReplyDelete