Saturday, October 22, 2011

My Favorite Tree

Just ouside our bedroom window, at the front corner of the house, is a box elder tree, a cousin of the maples.  It has an interesting shape and tends to sprawl around that corner.  It's pretty in the summer, but in the fall . . . oh, my!!  So gorgeous.  Every time I walk into our bedroom this time of year, it stuns me as I see it in all its glory through the window.  It's like a fire.  This picture doesn't do it justice:


Here it a better shot of its actual color taken from the front porch:


Usually the leaves fall quickly after they turn, but his year we've been very fortunate; they've stayed on for weeks now and I'm loving it.

We have another box elder on the other side of the house in the back corner, but it's never been the stunner this one is although I love how it shelters our deck in the summer and makes me feel as if I'm in a tree house.

May all your trees be clothed in fall splendor as we work our way toward winter. Grab a cup of something and enjoy the view!

4 comments:

  1. Beautiful!!! I think the trees are different this year. Our maples still haven't turned while other species are just gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's a good thing I took the picture when I did because it was very windy yesterday and the tree is almost bare today!

    How goes the doll clothes sewing?

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've always loved autumn for the colors of the leaves. On the list: a road trip on the east coast during the fall. I hear the colors on that side of the country are stunning!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Hallie! I've always heard about the eastern colors, too. I'm sure you'll take that trip one of these days. When Matt was in Virginia, we thought we'd go back one year in the fall and then drive north; however, they moved!! I guess we could still go back, but I'm not as motivated now. :-)

    ReplyDelete