A little germ seems to be trying to invade my body but I'm valiantly fighting it off. It sneaked in yesterday morning and I was hopeful it would be gone after a good night's rest, but it wasn't. So, I've spent today drinking Gypsy Cold Care Tea and snoozing. As of now, I'm feeling almost normal, so I'm thinking I have won!
When I was teaching, there was never a convenient time to be sick, and we were encouraged to call in the night before when it was much easier to locate a sub. But what if I was feeling better in the morning? And there was so much to do to get ready for a sub... Often I decided I could be my own sub; even if I wasn't feeling great, I could probably do as well or better than someone who didn't know my class. Which is why I had so many sick days left over to convert into my health coverage in retirement.
I'm going to brew myself another cup of tea and put our sheets in the dryer. I thought perhaps clean sheets tonight would also help. Be gone, germs!!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Get that woman some elderberry syrup, STAT! :)
ReplyDeleteSounds perfect!! Priority mail?? :-)
ReplyDeleteDid you want yours with port? or with brandy? Or just some of the sweetened juice to put in your tea? Take care of yourself.
ReplyDeleteI think we'll prescribe elderberry honey--delicious as a tea! Always good to have a legitimate reason to sleep in. Take care, Aunt Chris!
ReplyDeleteI think we can hold the elderberry syrup for now--I seem to have beaten the nasty germ into submission. They all sound delicious though! And thanks for your thoughtfulness--it warmed my heart! :-)
ReplyDelete