It's also a season for coziness: warm coffee or tea in the morning, big pots of soup or stew in the evenings. All those foods that seem too heavy or too much work in the summer. No surprise that fall is my favorite time to cook. And bake.
Fall is also the time when I really want to get back into my sewing room and create. This part of fall hasn't gone so well this year. Poor Moby came home again last week, but apparently he was released from the hospital too soon and seems to be having adjustment issues. Tension problems. Yes, those words were used as puns, but also as truth. I cannot get the tension adjusted!! Dr. Sam will make another house call tomorrow. Meanwhile, I've broken out my trusty ten-year-old Brother ULT and done some stitching. It worked like a champ, for which I was thankful. (I was starting to have tension issues!!)
I was again reminded of how insignificant an ailing sewing machine is when a lovely lady, a real sweetie who comes to the embroidery classes I teach, emailed me today to say she couldn't come this Thursday night. She broke her ankle and fractured her knee last week, might be facing surgery, and can't drive. Her only real word of complaint was "dang!" Reality check. And here's praying Carolyn heals swiftly.
The following photo is one I borrowed from Ann. Daniel is growing! He's crawling, pulling himself up, and forcing his brothers to put their things out of reach! He's become the little marauder, although one with a huge grin.
With complete impartiality, I can tell you he was absolutely adorable (I saw him in person that day) in that tiny Seahawk's jersey and blue jeans. The white t-shirt under the jersey was just the right touch.
Viva la fall! And football! And cozy days!

Thanks for the beautifully descriptive post. I do hope Moby is well soon.
ReplyDeleteHi Kathy! Thanks for your comment. Sometimes I think my fingers have all my talent--they just seem to know what to type. :-)
ReplyDeleteMoby has left the premises. I think this time he may be headed for a visit to "the big house." No, not prison, but the big Bernina hospital wherever that is. Hopefully he'll take the cure and return with a new perspective, fully adjusted to life on the outside. :-)
Daniel is so expressive! So happy despite what I'm sure was a Seahawks loss. ;)
ReplyDeleteMy thoughts are with Moby--may he be brave in this tough time (and may you also be brave).
Oh Hallie, you made me giggle with your Moby comment!
ReplyDeleteAnd yes, the poor Seahawks. They're doing a good job of being their usual selves this year... Ahh well.