Wednesday, November 6, 2019

Hmmm...

It's not as if I've not had anything going on, because I have. Lots of things.  Sometimes I'm not in the mood to write, sometimes I have so much going on that there's no time to write (coherently at least), and sometimes there are so many things I could write about that I don't know where to start.  So I don't.  These are all valid reasons for why I've been absent for what looks like six weeks.  The time does fly by!!

So, what's been going on?  Well, soccer games and then a soccer tournament this last weekend.  Keaton's team did well!  He was the keeper (goalie) this year and at first I thought it would be so stressful to watch because often it comes down to that person to save the day. Well, Keat, all six-foot four inches (plus) of him with a corresponding arm span was made to be a keeper!  He did a fabulous job and they came in first place at the tournament!!  What a night!  Here's a picture of him with Ann on Senior Night, the last local game of the regular season.


Ann looks like such a shorty, but she's all of five-foot nine or so.  No shortage of tall people in this family (except Dan and me!).  

In further news, Daniel got glasses and looks terrific in them.  He'd mentioned to me that he had trouble seeing things at a distance and I told Ann who took him straight away to the eye doctor.  Now the only one in the family without glasses or contacts is Cameron!


I've started another baby quilt using the same pattern as the one from my last post.  I'm just loving that pattern! Such a simple design but so many possibilities.  I'll share some pictures in my next post. 

Bruder Bear and Karen were here a few weeks ago for Homecoming at our college alma mater.  Niece Kirsten's husband, Tim, and little Taylor, came, too. (Kirsten was off on a girls' weekend with some friends.) What a little cutie Taylor is, and she really bonded with her Great-uncle Dan.


At nineteen months, she even went to the football game and was just about perfect, only starting to fuss in the last minutes.  We knew we were going to win, so we exited and even managed to avoid the end of the game traffic jams.  We came home to Papa Murphy's pizza and fell in a happy heap.  

2 comments:

  1. Nice update! Good pics!

    I was reminded of the time that I chanced to meet Dan at Costco years ago. Keaton was a baby, and Dan told me that he was BIG! I guess that was shades of things to come.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, he's always been big! Cam is 6'2", and we suspect Daniel may be as tall as Keat or taller. I feel like a midget when I stand next to them! The incredibly shrinking Grammy. . .

      Delete