Mercy, how quickly the days go by! It's been fall, fall, fall here for the last few weeks and I'm loving it so much. If the leaves were turning and falling I would swear it was late October instead of September. Of course a few have, but mostly all are still green so the actual fall colors are still to come.
Bruder Bear and Karen were here for a few days last week and we had such a good visit. They'd been on a round robin of visits with family and were glad to land here for a few lazy days. We enjoyed dinner out at our favorite Mexican restaurant one night and I made a huge pot of Taco Soup the day they arrived so we got our Tex-Mex fill! (Yes, there are a lot of cans in this soup but I did use my own pressure cooked pinto beans (1 1/2 cups drained and frozen equal one 16 ounce can), and I use lower sodium cans of the other beans and corn along with a low sodium or homemade taco seasoning.) When you're feeding a crowd, this recipe rocks.
I finished the yellow and blue baby quilt and I'm so in love with it that it's graced the top of the love seat for days. It's just a happy quilt!
I was really feeling fallish yesterday and decided it was a good soup and bread day so I made the Swedish limpa rye bread from Foodie with Family and the wild rice chicken soup from Pressure Cooking Today. I first discovered this tasty combination when Bruder Bear came up last fall and it's a winner. Needless to say we're having repeats tonight and the second loaf is in the freezer for some other day(s).
This morning Dan helped out with a community service day the boys' school was having and took his chain saws to help clear out overgrown shrubs and trees in a local park. I think I mentioned that daughter Ann is teaching there and her estimation was that the school had saved the town at least $15,000 in labor costs. Dan said it was amazing how hard those kids worked, even the tiniest ones. ♥
YooHoo! Chris -- are you here? Time has slipped by again.
ReplyDeleteIt looks like I failed to comment here. Another cute and cozy happy baby quilt! Do you still have it? Why don't you post your taco soup recipe? The idea appeals to me but I haven't found a recipe that exactly pleases me. What's going on with the family?
Yup, I'm still here!! Just been busy, busy, and then fall in a heap between the busy. You'll find the recipe for the Taco soup by clicking on the words Taco Soup in the post. As she says, lots of cans, but sometimes it's worth it.
DeleteSilly me! I didn't notice the link to the soup recipe. I'll give it a try.
Delete