Wednesday, January 30, 2019

Mama's Got a Brand New Treadmill!!

Yes, sports fans, I am the proud owner of a brand new treadmill.  Longtime readers will remember that I used a NordicTrack ski type exerciser for years until I burned out on it, then I went to a local fitness center.  Then life happened with my mom and dad.  Even after their passing, I just couldn't get up the energy to hit the fitness center again even though I now had the time.  

I finally decided that going to a fitness center took up too much of my day and that what I needed was something to use at home, whenever the mood struck me, no matter what I was wearing or how I looked. Enter 2019 and all the fitness machines on sale.  I talked it over with Dan and we decided to take the plunge and order.  

It came in pieces , . .





. . . but Saturday we had help!  (Keat was out of town at a basketball tournament or he would have been here, too.  They took first place in the tournament!)  So grateful for those engineering genes!  And a cute little overseer!  


Three hours (!!) later, we had a treadmill!


So far I've logged five miles on it.  Love that it has a holder for the iPad so I can watch movies while I walk.  ♥

2 comments:

  1. I have noticed in my own home that the time it takes to go to the gym, or ride a bike, (or whatever) can be excessive, especially if It's not your thing. It's not just the hour or so spent exercising but the time it takes to get ready beforehand and then shower and wind down afterwards. Glad to see pics of your helpers.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Exactly! Just too much time involved going out to exercise (which seems to be going faster and faster!).

      We do have the best helpers! :-)

      Delete