Monday, January 21, 2019

I Think I've Got It!

No, not the flu!  I think I've got the fabrics to make the snowy day quilt!  I actually did write yesterday's post and then go downstairs to pull fabrics.  As I was looking at the pattern (printed for free from the All People Quilt website) I realized that it seemed to be made of flannel fabrics.  Hmm.  Then I remembered that I had a small stash of flannels, some going back years and years. Could I have what I needed? Why yes, I think I do!


I only have one fat quarter of green, but I think I have enough of it to make all the trees if I cut carefully, and it's okay with me if they're all the same.  Actually, all the fabrics are fat quarters and will take some figuring and maybe some piecing, but again, it's doable.  My biggest question was what to use for the background.  Then I spotted a blue that was in my pile of bib fabrics.  It has white stars and spots and I think I'll be perfect.  Snowy day quilt, you're on!!

And here's the view from my sewing room window today.  It did snow enough to turn everything beautiful! 


And it's below freezing so it'll be here for a while.  ♥

3 comments:

  1. Great! Such a good feeling to get that preliminary work out of the way and get started. Wonderful that you found fabrics on hand. I also follow All People Quilt.

    But -- it IS difficult to get started. Sometimes I think I have too many ideas.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know what you mean by too many ideas. That happens to me, too. I pressed the fat quarters for the house and tree blocks this afternoon. Maybe tomorrow I will start cutting. I'm still knitting away on the purple doll sweater, too. And then there's the laundry, dinner, etc., etc... LOL!!

      Delete
    2. But it's so good to hear that you've found a pattern you love and are going for it. And yes, the little chores of life seem to be big interruptions sometime.

      Delete