Just a little check-in. Can't believe it's been a week since my last post! The tree is down, always a bit of a sad time, but it needed to go. So, Saturday morning I took the first ornament off, and after that we were committed. I'd said "good-bye" to it the night before and thanked it for being such a beautiful tree. (Yes, I always do that.) The take-down went quickly and before we knew it, we were sweeping up the needles and putting the boxes away.
I've slowly started to take down other Christmas decorations as the days go by. The main hall bath returned to normal today. Yes, I decorate even the bathrooms. I don't think a room in our house goes without signs of the season, even the laundry room has its decor.
Later on Saturday, I dropped in at a baby shower at three before heading out to Keat's basketball games starting at four. The shower was for a young couple having their first child and I remembered going to the shower when the father-to-be was born. Continuity! Oh, and both games (JV and varsity) were won. Poor Keat was feeling a little down from a cold he's had, but played in both games although he'd come back to the bench with a red nose and looking a bit dazed.
So what else is new at the resort? I have started a new doll sweater, in purple. One sleeve is completed. I hope to start on the second today. Dan has fallen in love with the pecan pie granola and I need to make him a new batch this afternoon. In further kitchen news, I have no idea what we're having for supper tonight. Hopefully, something will come to mind before six o'clock!
Lastly, last Wednesday was our forty-seventh anniversary! We spent the evening celebrating Daniel's eighth birthday (way more fun than dinner out), but Dan did find this little item on Tuesday and thought it was just "us." I think so, too! It's just perfect sitting in the kitchen as a daily reminder.
Lastly, last Wednesday was our forty-seventh anniversary! We spent the evening celebrating Daniel's eighth birthday (way more fun than dinner out), but Dan did find this little item on Tuesday and thought it was just "us." I think so, too! It's just perfect sitting in the kitchen as a daily reminder.
And that's the news on Monday, January 14! ♥

You have been busy! I, too, am gradually putting Christmas away. Another doll sweater -- yay! Are you using up more yarn?
ReplyDeleteThe sweater is coming along, two sleeves done now and started on the body. I took myself to Joann's yarn sale and purchased the purple. They didn't have much to choose from in the fingering weight category except for baby colors and I didn't want to knit a pastel.
DeleteMy JoAnn's store has no "0" and "1" weight yarns in any colors and very little crochet thread. You're right. Our dolls don't want to wear pastels all the time. I'm contemplating an order to Herrschnerr's.
DeleteHmm, maybe I need to look online. I was so disappointed by the pitiful choices at JoAnn's. I looked at Michael's a few days later and they didn't have anything much either.
Delete