Thursday, September 11, 2014

September?

Well, it looks like I've missed a few weeks here.  Things have been busy, and when I've had down time, I've been lazy.  :-)

I have my little house picture done and hanging.  I've left the frame matte-finished, but I may varnish it later. I do like it!  And it solves a bare-space dilemma for those times when my Christmas stocking and my little flag banner are out of season.


The little basket below it holds our car keys and I've made different garters for it for various seasons. I haven't been to a Longaberger party in years, but I sure love the baskets I have and use them all the time. (We'll just have to ignore the fact that the light switch isn't centered...  Bah!!)

I have finished changing out Americana decor for fall and it feels so good!  Love, love, love the fall season. And here's that Edyta Sitar runner I made earlier this year. Doesn't it look perfect with this arrangement on it?


So far I've found no bags of cute little pumpkins at Safeway, but I'll keep checking.  ♥

4 comments:

  1. Yes, it's time to put away the Americana and get out the pumpkins. In fact, I'm moving right into goblins and ghouls. Love the little house. It's perfect there along with the basket. And the table runner is wonderful, too. Pour yourself a cup of tea and sit a spell.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Wish I loved tea, but I don't. I do drink it but coffee (with yummy creamer) is my hot drink of choice. Somehow tea just seems, well, watery, and the coffee with the creamer seems fuller bodied. So, anyway, I believe I will sit down with a cup (of coffee) and admire my results. I'm always amazed how the rooms change with the seasons. Fortunately, I love how each one looks! I guess after 42 1/2 years I have had enough time and money to decorate the way I want. (And actually dreamed of many years ago!)

      Delete
    2. I don't like tea very well either, but I drink it because it's better for me than other things and I need the water, which really doesn't appeal to me. I never learned to drink coffee, but many people do. Enjoy!

      Yes -- as young couples we practiced deferred living. Things seemed sparse. I couldn't have what I wanted. But we did it -- we persevered and are the better for it. I'm proud of us!

      Delete
    3. You're right, of course. We (both our families) did practice "deferred living" and we are the better for it. We aren't in debt and we appreciate what we have. We are blessed!

      Delete