Monday, September 29, 2014

New Project in the Works

I started a new project in the sewing room yesterday. My Bruder Bear is going to be a grandpa again and so it was time to start a new quilt for the little one. We know it's another boy (great-grandson number six for my parents), and so I picked out some cute boyish fabrics at the quilt shop a couple of weeks ago.


Most of the fabrics are from the Giraffe Crossing line by The RBD Designers for Riley Blake.  I'm going to use the Yellow Brick Road pattern by Atkinson Designs, which is the same pattern I used for soon-to-be big brother Grant's quilt.  

Meanwhile, it's a very dark and dreary day here at the resort, so I think that makes it a very good day to spend sewing.  And maybe for making a big pot of soup.  ♥

3 comments:

  1. It's a "dull" day here, too -- several ridges over, as it were.

    Well, it's nice you know it's a boy so that you can make the appropriate quilt. It's going to be the cutest! (The quilt, that is, but maybe the boy, too -- one of the cutest!)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, it was nice to know ahead of time so I can get the quilt made since he's due in early December--not the best time for slowpoke me to try to get a quilt made and sent when I'm also getting ready for Christmas.

      It never rained today, but it sure stayed dark--and cold! We lit a fire in the basement stove. Feels good!

      Delete
    2. We have yet to light the fire this season. Today Mike installed a new gasket on our little wood stove at the town house.

      Those little ones don't necessarily arrive at convenient times, do they?

      Delete