Saturday, August 16, 2014

Still Here!

No photos, no real new news.  More storms but no trees down, just some limbs and another day of cleanup. We did make a quick trip to McCall last week as Dan had a talk to give.  The little over-nighter was a nice vacation and we enjoyed it immensely. I stopped at the little quilt shop there and added some Kansas Troubles fabrics to add to my stash.  Score!  

An old high school friend of Dan's was in a motorcycle accident so we drove to Spokane on Monday to visit him. He had surgery yesterday and we hope he's on the road to recovery although all estimates place that time at six months.  I'm so thankful Dan sold his motorcycle many years ago!!

The days are getting noticeably shorter.  We've enjoyed many evenings of reading on the deck, and all of a sudden, we're running out of light.  I guess it is the middle of August.  And speaking of August, I had a major birthday this month.  The one where one becomes eligible for Medicare.  How has this happened?!?  I feel no older. I remember my aunt, my dad's sister, telling me when she was in her eighties that she didn't feel any different than she did in her thirties.  I'm beginning to understand. At any rate, I have several new cards tucked into my billfold these days.  

Autumn is approaching and cooler days and nights are heralding it.  I'm looking forward to changing out my Americana decorating for fall things in a few weeks. Sure hope Safeway has those cute little pumpkins again!  ♥ 

2 comments:

  1. My mother said the same thing -- you never feel any different. I begin to understand, too.

    Mike rides a bike and a motorcycle and I won't say I'm not concerned, but I refuse to be paranoid about it. It's important to him.

    I do envy you getting out to an actual quilt shop where you can touch the fabric and see its color. Most of my shopping is done online.

    And yes -- days are shorter and we think of fall.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Getting to visit the shops in Rupert and McCall *was* fun, and adding to my stash was important, too. You're correct, seeing the fabrics in person is so much different from shopping online., (And probably more dangerous! LOL)

      Delete