For those of you who might have been wondering, we have grass where once the mighty shrubs grew! It now looks like this:
Instead of this:
What an amazing transformation. Just look at this beautiful grass!!
There are a few places that still need to seed in, but tonight marked the first cutting of this new green lawn. When Dan was done, we sat out in the old grass and admired it for quite some time. ♥
Look at the grass!?? Look at the house!! Those overgrown evergreens were hiding your pretty place. Putting in a lawn was a good move!
ReplyDeleteThanks, Kath. Now we need a new front door! It's on the list...
DeleteGorgeous! It's just perfect! Oy...front doors. Ours has been an ordeal...still waiting. Yours won't be an ordeal, though. I'm pretty sure we're a big part of the problem. ;P
ReplyDeleteHi Hallie! Thanks! As to the front door... It's been on the list for a long time. Guess we're a big part of the problem, too! Must.Make.Up.Minds. And then do it!! :-)
DeleteDoors may not be an ordeal for Uncle Dan, but doors in general are an ordeal. I wanted a pretty front door for the modular home, but when I discovered all it entailed -- and Mike wasn't really on board anyway -- I gave it up.
DeleteWhen we remodeled the farmhouse, the contractor didn't want to rehang the inside doors that were removed during the gutting process. "Too hard," he said. But I insisted. Once he realized the doors were solid wood, he changed his mind and stepped up to it. I'm sure we paid for it, but it was one thing that was really worth it.
Well, it's true that Dan has considerable experience with doors. We put a new front door in our last house, and he has replaced all the doors on the main floor of this one (except the front) as well as a few in the basement. We just need to bite the bullet, pick one and do it. It just keeps getting lost in the shuffle. :-)
Delete