Thursday, August 21, 2014

And...It's Done!

That old song, "Heaven, I'm in heaven..."  probably from some musical, keeps running through my head.  It took me a few days, but I have order, lovely, blissful order in my sewing room!!  I combed through every piece of fabric I owned--yardage, fat quarters, and scraps, and I was ruthless.  I have bags and bags of things to take to the Hope Center (click here to read about) and my trusty Explorer is full of them.  

And the closet itself?  Have a look:


Now, I know must quilters would scoff at my "stash", but I can assure you that there is a lot of fabric on those shelves, and of course, there will be more to be purchased in the future.  It is so lovely to be able to walk into the closet and see exactly what's on each shelf.  I have sections for colors, sections for Christmas, one for fall, one for Kansas Troubles fabrics, and so on. I even have a section for fabrics to make more of those little Dresses for Africa (I was inspired to do them again after watching the video of the ninety-nine-year-old lady from Iowa who makes a dress a day and hopes to make her 1000th dress on her 100th birthday next May).  

Another section of the closet, which didn't need revamping, is a series of small shelves on the left side where I have books and magazines:


(Also on those shelves is the complete Magnum, P.I. series, courtesy of my Sweetie, and the complete Scarecrow and Mrs. King series, courtesy of my adorable daughter.  Love to watch them while I stitch.)

My sewing room seems even bigger and so much fresher! I even dusted now that there are cleared-off tables. (And we all know how rare that is for me!)  Now I'm ready for a new project.  ♥

2 comments:

  1. The song is "Dancing Cheek to Cheek" by Irving Berlin for the Astaire/Rogers movie, *Top Hat," 1935. I love old songs.

    Your closet is a marvelous work and a wonder. So neat and clean. And now you're free of those fabrics that were holding you back and you have room for the fabrics of today.

    My stash is different -- lots of remnants in boxes. It works for now but my interests are changing.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for the song source! And thanks for the closet compliments. It's true--I am free of the mess and those "no longer me" fabrics. I have been motivated to keep going and have cleaned out little piles that were scattered throughout the room--info on software I no longer use (mainly because it won't run on new computers which is such a bummer given how much I paid for the stuff), and quilt magazines that just needed to be put back, etc. It's so clean I think I just need to bask in it for a few days!

      Delete