And if you don't believe the title, check out this picture of our indoor-outdoor thermometer, snapped just a bit ago:
Yes, dear readers, that appears to be the high point for the day because it's already dropped to 10.4 degrees. So thankful for a warm house, warm slippers, and hot coffee!
I watched the D-man (Daniel) yesterday while Ann and Eric and Keaton were north of here at a Lego Robotics competition. Eric headed up a team of six 12-year-old boys and they have worked all fall on their robot which had to meet certain criteria in a given scenario. They were rewarded with two first places and qualified for state competition! (Read about the program here.) A full day, starting at six in the morning, didn't seem like the thing for a little guy, so I was happy to be able to spend the day with him so the others could enjoy the competition. We all had a great day! And Papa Dan showed up in the afternoon bearing a Cyrus O'Leary sour cream lemon pie, so the three of us enjoyed a little "coffee break" with yummy slices. Daniel loved it! We shared with the others when they got home. And where was Cameron you ask? Well, he watched D until I arrived at ten, and then he worked on homework until it was time to be picked up at 12:30 to go play in two basketball games for his school. (He's on the JV team and is also often tapped to play with the varsity.)
Meanwhile, Christmas is fast approaching and the other day I decided I'd see if I could get another pair of socks knitted for my mom. I'm over half way done with the first, so I think I'll be able to do it!
If the yarn looks familiar it's because I knit my first pair (since high school that is) out of the same yarn two years ago. I love how it creates such a unique and almost scandinavian pattern. I think she'll like them!
Keep warm! ♥
Oooooh. Your mom is going to love those socks!
ReplyDeleteWhat a lovely Saturday you had, taking care of the D-man and eating pie with the special fellows.
We're ready for it to warm up a bit.
I have the first sock done! Just finished it. Now onto number two. :-)
DeleteYes, it truly was a lovely Saturday. That little guy just cracks me up, and the big boys are so special, too. Ditto my biggest one (the one I married.)