So here it is, Monday morning, and here I sit, in my nightgown after a busy weekend.
It was graduation at the University and Bruder Bear, Karen, and niece Kirsten were here to celebrate their son and brother's big event. Karen put on a wonderful brunch for the family Saturday morning with yummy breakfast casseroles, fruit and breads and lots of fun visiting. Ann, Eric and the boys were here, but we all missed Great Papa and Gigi who were unable to make it because Great Papa has a pinched nerve in his back.
Following breakfast, BB and family headed out for JR's graduation (we don't go, didn't even go to our own!) and I snapped this photo of the graduate and his dad. His degree is in Forest Products and he will be heading to his new job in Oregon come January.
Niece Kirsten snapped the photo below of JR and his girlfriend Jill following graduation and I (again, shamelessly) stole it from her.
We had a great weekend of visiting and celebrating. Congratulations, JR! We are all so proud of you! ♥

Daughter Hallie graduated from U-I ten years ago -- December 2003. Mike and I attended the event, and I have a lovely memory of the refreshments -- at least three tables of beautifully decorated cakes and cookies on the holiday theme.
ReplyDeleteSounds yummy!
DeleteCongrats to the graduate!
ReplyDeleteThanks Hallie! I'll pass the word along.
Delete