While I was talking on the phone with Ann yesterday, she happened to say that one of her little men had been mentioning that he'd like to come stay overnight at Grammy's and have aebelskivers for breakfast. Since today is a holiday, Papa Dan and I decided to issue an invitation for last night. Both big boys decided to come, and so we had a sleepover. They came bearing bags with pajamas, books, reading headlamps, and MP3 players.
Years ago we found a good deal on an electric race car track and they hauled it out last night. It's a little worse for wear after years of putting it together and taking it apart, but they got it going. After staying up until 9:30, they headed for bed and their piles of books. By the time we went to bed a little later, they were sound asleep.
They heeded their mom's advice and slept in, but we were all finally up by 8:15. I headed to the kitchen to make a double batch of aebelskivers, and they played games on the computer and my iPod and decided to create the ultimate race track in between. Get a load of this!
The aebelskivers seemed to be a hit. I'm not certain how many I made, but it was close to fifty, and we had four left.
What a fun time this Grammy and Papa had with the boys! We'll leave you with one last picture of the track:
Yay thanks for posting the pictures!! It's so fun for the boys to make good memories of hanging with you! They had a blast.
ReplyDeleteYou're welcome! As you can tell, we had a blast, too! Precious memories.
DeleteWhat fun! Love the track!
ReplyDeleteHi Kathy! Yes, it was fun! Isn't that track amazing? They were so proud of it.
Delete