We had a quiet Christmas here at the resort. My parents, ages eighty-eight and eighty-six drove up and arrived early in the afternoon of Christmas Eve. There is a new bakery in my little hometown, and they came bearing yummy apple fritters for an immediate treat, and almond scones for Christmas morning breakfast. We boiled a kettle and sat down for the fritters and tea. Oh the deliciousness!
We visited over the afternoon, some secret Santa work transpired, and Dan's friend Dennis stopped by to say hello to Mom and Dad. Dad worked with Dennis in the '80's and has known him longer than Dan has. We cooked up a pot of meat, potatoes and carrots with gravy and enjoyed dinner with salad and lemon pie.
Ann, Eric and the boys came by to see Great Papa and Gigi, visit, and exchange gifts about 7:30, and we got several pictures of the littlest man with the great grandparents.
Here's Gigi and Daniel:
And Great Papa and Daniel:
We enjoyed a leisurely morning of presents and scones (highly recommend!), and then Mom and Dad treated us to a lovely dinner at the Broiler. Dan, Dad, and I chose the turkey dinner and pumpkin pie, while Mom chose the ham dinner and pecan pie. Mom and I also had an incredibly delicious spinach salad for the first course, while the guys had shrimp bisque. It was fabulous to leave the dishes behind and drive away. After a little more visiting, Mom and Dad loaded up their Jeep and headed back home.
Monday night, Dan and I packed up our Explorer with presents and drove over to Ann and Eric's for pizza and Christmas with them. Such a fun evening we had! I got an aebelskiver pan and cookbook (I'll post more another time), Dan got tools, the boys got toys, Ann got a new springform pan and a Willow Tree figurine, and Eric got an air compressor. Happiness abounded!
Here are some photos to document the evening:
Serious present opening:
Bashful Keaton:
Brothers:
Cameron with a completed Lego robot:
Another Christmas has come and gone, but the memories are tucked away, and we have Jesus with us every day!
Wonderful pictures! They are all good but I couldn't help but select a couple of favorites in the moment -- Great Papa and Daniel sharing a good belly laugh and "Brothers."
ReplyDeleteI know you made many good memories this season. It's always a little wistful at this point but it's not too soon to start preparing our hearts and minds for next year.
Thanks, Kathy! I am especially fond of the same two. :-)
ReplyDeleteGreat pictures of the boys, not so great of me! The one of Cameron at the end is really good! It was a fun night :)
ReplyDeleteAnner, I wondered about a couple of the pictures, so I removed them. No one should have a picture out there they don't like! :-)
ReplyDelete