Thursday, March 25, 2010

The ABC's of Me

CJ and Cindy have this going, so I decided to join, too.

The ABC’s of Me…

A. Age: 60 and okay with it.

B. Bed size: Queen, long enough, and just right for snuggling...or not.

C. Chore you hate: Dusting. I used to pay Matt to do it long ago when he was in high school. Then he grew up, got married and moved away. So sad.

D. Dogs’ Names: None now, but we had a wonderful beagle named Copper when the kids were growing up. Yes, his name was from the Fox and the Hound. :-)

E. Essential food item: Does coffee count?!? Must have.

F. Favorite color: Red. Always has been. Especially for shoes.

G. Gold or Silver: Silver. Used to be gold, but then I grew up. :-)

H. Height: 5'6" and the shortest in my family.

I. I am: Happy :-)

J. Job: Keeper of the home. Retired from teaching 5th grade last June.

K. Kids: Matt, married to Amy; Ann, married to Eric. Three grandsons. So blessed.

L. Living Arrangements: Live at the Resort with my wonderful husband, Dan.

M. Mom's name: Mary Lou

N. Nickname: Don't have one unless you know something I don't.

O. Overnight hospital stay(s): Mono in college, kids, miscarriage, IUD removal, kidney stone(s)

P. Pet peeve: Seeing people talking on their cell phones while driving. Ack!!!

Q. Quote from a movie: "Fester, fester, fester, rot, rot, rot." Meg Ryan to Kevin Kline in French Kiss. That and "There's something amuck with this cheesecake." Hugh Grant to Sandra Bullock in Two Weeks Notice.

R. Right or Left handed: Right

S. Siblings: Younger brother, John, whom I call my Bruder Bear.

T. Time you wake up: "Whenever I please," she said with a smile.

U. Unique thing about your car: Hmmm. Oh, maybe this: it's a Ford Explorer and has a third seat so my grandsons can ride, along with their parents. They call it the Grammymobile. :-)

V. Vegetable you hate: Parsnips. My parents always put them in stews and I'd think they were potatoes, which I love. Blech!!

W. Ways you run late: Just one more thing, just one more thing...

X. X-rays you’ve had: Those kidney stones... Oh, and wrist and ankle after a bad fall. I thought the wrist was broken and the ankle just sprained. The ankle was broken and the wrist was sprained. That was when I learned that "black boots" are awkward fashion accessories and wrist braces make it hard to grade papers.

Y. Yummy food you make: Cookies. I'm a cookie baker, for which my husband is thankful. :-)

Z. Zoo animal favorite: Polar bears. They are HUGE!! And can they swim.

And now YOU can share your ABC’s.

4 comments:

  1. Now THAT made me giggle! So sad indeed!

    "C. Chore you hate: Dusting. I used to pay Matt to do it long ago when he was in high school. Then he grew up, got married and moved away. So sad."

    ReplyDelete
  2. I wish I could do "T". My body just won't let me sleep in. Even this morning as I'm typing - trust me - I'd rather be sleeping.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What fun to read the "ABCs of You!" Not so much what you say but the way you say it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow Chris - we have a lot in common - among a few - A, B, E, G, H, I, R, T, Y and parts of the others! Thanks for the heads up on the quilt shops in your area, too!
    Cheers!

    ReplyDelete