Whoops! You know you're behind on your blog when your brother calls you up to see if you've been sick because there've been no new posts in a week.
So here are my excuses. First, I did the last two in one day because I added the ABC's of me. Then my parents were up for a day. Saturday. I have no recollection of Saturday. Hmmm...
Sunday was busy with church. Monday was super busy because our church decided to try something new and we had a Passover Sedar Monday night. Ann and I ended up taking care of the table settings since Pastor wanted to have real plates and cloth napkins. Several other ladies helped furnish plates and silverware, but Ann and I set out the dishes, etc., and between us provided all the setup for five of the tables ourselves. (Apparently many ladies are not as enamoured with dishes and napkins as we are.) We were glad to be able to help out and justify our overflowing cupboards. Have dish, will travel. :-)
Tuesday was spent washing up table settings and napkins. Before I was through I felt like a commercial laundry service. Many, many napkins passed through my wonderful new washer and dryer and then to the ironing board. By the way, OxiClean works wonders on grape juice soaked linens! I was afraid some of the napkins were ruined, but an hour's soak in a strong concentrate made them good as new. (Note to Bruder Bear: send my thanks to your wife for this wonderful tip!)
Yesterday was Wednesday and I was in charge of a kitchen shower for our church kitchen. Whenever we've had a potluck or something like the Passover meal, the people doing the cooking have often had to bring their own needed items from home. The time had come to better equip our space. Last night was the night and we had a fun get together while we filled our shelves and drawers with utensils, pots, pans, bowls, and more.
Today? A trip to Costco to get one of their wonderful spiral-cut hams to have for Easter dinner. And obviously a few other things as the check I wrote out was for $338 plus change.
And there you have it. A typical week in the life of a little old retired couple someplace out west. That's my story, and I'm stickin' with it.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Well, at least you only lost Saturday. My whole week is a blur. LOL
ReplyDeleteI think I'm going in for a nap now...LOL
ReplyDeleteWe call Costco our "$100 Store."
The fascinating thing about writing a blog is that only a few people comment and you think your readership is very limited. Then someone calls you to say you're behind in your posting, or someone tells you how much they enjoy reading what you write. And you can't tell by the counter because five or ten of those daily hits are me!
ReplyDeleteGrape juice -- I didn't know Oxy would remove grape juice, though I am a fan of the product. I used to put some in every wash -- until I noticed it was removing the color from my cheap sheets. Now when I use Oxy I use less. But my favorite juice stain removal trick is boiling water. I love to watch it just fade a-w-a-a-y. The sooner you apply that trick, the better.
The members of a certain organization to which I belong prefer the real-plates-and-napkins standard. It's a gracious way to serve but difficult in a fast-paced world.
Don't you hate when you can't remember what happened on a certain day?