My Bernina 830 arrived at its new home Sunday afternoon. My dealer is great! They got it in Saturday evening, stitched it out, and called me to come pick it up Sunday when they went into the shop to do some office work. It's been a pretty easy learning curve so far as it has many of same features as my last machine. The size, however, is something else!! It's huge, and I need to find a more workable table to use it on. I've been making do, but hope to inspire Dan to create something more permanent soon.
It stitches beautifully. So far, I've made another little bag like the one for my iPod, a bib, and monogrammed a towel. I think a small wall hanging will be next.
Meanwhile, spring seems to have gone into hibernation. We had snow yesterday and today saw a few flakes mingled in with the rain. Our tulips are bravely facing the cold, however, and stand shoulder to shoulder, giving us a hint of warmer weather to come.
Don't you just love the dandelions?? And now I've got some sewing to do!
I do believe I see you SMILING way down here!!
ReplyDeleteNow that's a beauty!!!!!! And I'm not talking the flowers...LOL
I know how much I bonded with my 830- INSTANTLY - and I'm so happy that you have too. She's everything all wrapped up in one machine.
Tonight I was using the BSR to do my quilt my two projects. I use BSR Mode One.
Cannot wait to hear more about your experiences with her.
Congrats!!! I'm truly happy for you.
I'm so happy for you Chris, I bonded with mine instantly too, over a year later the love affair is still sizzling! LOL
ReplyDeleteI stopped back by to see if CJ had commented yet because I knew she'd pop in sooner or later.
ReplyDeleteYeap - she's having an affair right under Jim's nose IN HER OWN HOUSE !!! LOL
No one deserves it more than you! (The 830 -- not the dandelions!) And I know you'll make the most of it because you already are.
ReplyDelete