Wednesday, March 24, 2010

Speen Queen 0, Kenmore 2

Okay, apparently you can't believe everything you read on my blog because when we last chatted, I said I was crystal clear on a Speed Queen washer. Evidently not.

Dan wanted to buy a matching set so my laundry room would make me smile when I went down there. I know. What a man! The Speed Queen dryer just didn't cut it. I didn't want to give up my sensor cycles and the "fluff" tumble when the dryer stopped and I didn't get right in there. So...

Monday morning I told Dan I was done for. Completely unable to make a decision. The $$$ involved had me buffaloed. (Yeah, I used that term again.) Bless his heart, he set out without a complaint and returned telling me he'd purchased a Kenmore Oasis set. They were delivered this morning and I've already done a load of towels. Yes, the ones used to mop up the floor.

I must say, they are beautiful!! I love how they are taller and the inside of the dryer is much higher than my old one. Here's how they look.


They do make me smile. And, as Dan says, "Indecision is the key to flexibility!"

6 comments:

  1. Oh, they are pretty! I had to smile at Dan's "flexibility" bit. Usually a very decisive person, I occasionally can't make up mind either, and will toss the responsibility over to Jim. Aren't the guys great?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yep! Mike is often more interested than I in the purchase of appliances. And I think it's wonderful that Dan insisted on a matched set. At this point in life, we've earned that! May they serve you well!

    I was born indecisive, and my mother believed she raised me just right by narrowing the field of choices for me. Now I just can't make up my mind unless someone narrows the field, and often I feel that there just aren't choices once the field is narrowed.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Like they always say, it ain't over till the fat lady sings. And I'm not calling myself or anyone else fat, I'm just repeating what I've heard.
    Glad you got your new set and that someone else had to make the final decision. Much less stress that way. May you all live happily ever after!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hang on, I'll be right over....with my full laundry basket........I could use some help..LOL

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yippee! That is great. So now that you have done a load or two. How does your washer spin out the clothes? They look wonderful in your laundry room. Dan is so smart we all need matching washer and dryer's. I like that they are next to each other. Mine are across from each other. It is a weird set up for sure.
    Marty

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yay Marty!!! You posted! :-) Yes, I've done a few loads and I'm learning which buttons to push. There are a lot of choices! Whoa--having them across the room for each other makes for some extra work. You need a little basket on wheels!

    ReplyDelete