Monday, October 12, 2020

Goodness Gracious!

How can the time have passed so quickly?!?  Guess I've been busy.  But with what?  That's the question.  The days just seem to fly by and they're much shorter now, too.  We have to learn to drive in the dark again, which seems to be more difficult each year.  

Our church secretary knows she can call me when she needs someone to take over the office when she can't be there for one reason or another.  I've done it several times the last couple of weeks and will again this Friday. Kind of fun to pull out my secretarial skills again.   

Last week was Ann's birthday and she wanted Mexican, so we masked up and made our way to our favorite place early and were able to score a table.  They have seating portioned off and it was like our own section. We were just grateful to all get to sit together and could since we were all family.  After eating, we came back to our house for cake and presents and some good visiting.  For some reason, D likes to take baths at our house, so he happily hopped in since it was his bath night and would be too late for one when he got home. He came out all bright and shiny clean.  

I've been helping a friend out with a quilt she is making for a daughter and son-in-law for Christmas.  It's a funny story as the son-in-law saw a quilt kit and bought it not realizing that his bride didn't sew.  (A natural assumption as all the other women in her family did.) So he gave it to my friend to make and she's had it for eighteen years.  She finally decided it would make a perfect gift this Christmas but was hesitant as it involved processes she'd never tried before and that's where I came in to help and cheer her on.  

I haven't taken any recent photos but here's a great one of D when he and his dad were out on a recent hike. Note the bee nest in the background!  

Fall has truly arrived.  We had a wet weekend and the leaves are swirling.  I've had to dig out sweaters and fleece tops and wool socks.  It feels good!  I love fall!  ♥

  

2 comments:

  1. Daniel is growing up.

    Yes, and if this forecast can be believed, it's going to get wintry cold really soon.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. For once the forecast was correct! Brrr! And yes, Daniel is growing up. Soon to be ten.

      Delete