How can it be the end of September already? But as I look outside, I definitely see signs of fall--leaves turning color, that blue, blue sky of late September, early October. Such beautiful days we've been having! Perfect, as a matter of fact.
Now that I've finished the peaches, I've taken a few "lazy days" and relaxed with some reading and knitting. I'm still working on the brown tweed socks of last spring and discovered that somehow I made the first one too short in the foot area. Never mind. I'll see if I can rip back and go again. If not, I'll just reknit the whole thing. Mindless, relaxing work. Sounds good.
Here's a few picture of our house ready for the season.
| I love the fall additions to the hearth. |
| My favorite corner. |
We took a big plunge last week and met with a contractor to do some much needed work on two of our bathrooms. The lovely (not!) green tub, the last vestige of that awful color in the downstairs bath, will be replaced with a walk-in shower and the upstairs guest bathtub will get a beautiful new surround. I'm so excited! He said they would get to it in six to eight weeks, so all should be done by Christmas.
Meanwhile, we are also toying with raising the sunken living room to the level of the rest of the main floor. Our advancing years are making us ponder work that could enable us to stay here more years and that step down was a real headache for my parents. Mom crashed twice when she forgot to step down.
It's pumpkin season!! Let the leaves fall and the wind blow and candy corn rule! ♥
Ha! I love that last comment! I feel the same way.
ReplyDeleteSince you want to make some changes, I'm glad to hear it's happening for you. I'll be interested to hear what happens with your sunken living room. Sister Harriet raised hers for similar reasons, and I remember that an elderly person missed the steps at the home of a friend.
Thanks for the lovely post.
Dan is measuring and plotting on the floor. We'll probably hold off on that until spring since the baths are coming up. One thing about a forty-year-old house--there are always things to do!
Delete