Saturday, May 2, 2020

Stitchin'

Technically, knitting involves stitches, but this time I'm talking about sewing stitches.  Remember that Valentine table runner I started back in January or February? The one that got derailed as I knit little tiny complicated doll sweaters?  Yes, that one.  Two days ago I decided it was time to get back to it.  My sewing room is a mess, things have been stacked hither and thither, and then pieces of that runner were consuming the top of my cutting table. Time to get to work!

And so I did.  

Stitched together and layered with batting and backing

One end section, all stitched down.

Close-up 

Another

And another

Stitching away 

So thankful for a machine with a walking foot!

All quilted and trimmed, ready for binding

I think I mentioned that I ordered the kit from Shabby Fabrics.  The applique pieces were a dream to work with, already backed with Steam-a-Seam and laser cut!  I just popped them out, peeled the paper backing, placed them in position and ironed them in place.  They also were quite generous with their fabric so I didn't have to worry about running out as I cut (but never the less, I did check and recheck before I did actually cut).  

I have the binding all cut and joined and ready to add. It will make the perfect Sunday afternoon project for tomorrow.  ♥

3 comments:

  1. A beautiful project, beautifully done! Will you put it away until next "after Christmas," or will you proudly display it to commemorate lovers everywhere, especially at your house?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I really like how they designed the runner and then picked such perfect colors. Right now it's still laying on the loveseat because I'm enjoying looking at it, but soon it will be put away until next "after Christmas." I'm so ahead holiday-wise! Haha!

      Delete
  2. Hey! don't knock it. You ARE ahead. That's all anyone needs to know. And thanks for explaining about the applique pieces. Maybe I'll be courageous and give one of those kits a try.

    ReplyDelete