Well I've finally looked up from my knitting needles and decided it was time for a post. I have been on a doll sweater binge and made a new one for my AG Samantha and then branched out into a pattern that's been a bit more complicated. Hopefully it will all go together. I blocked the pieces today and here's a picture of them as they continue to dry.
The sleeves look so big compared to the body of the sweater, but I think that's true of all sweater knits. Here's a closer look at the pattern it's knitted in.
I've enjoyed knitting this, just have a little trepidation over putting it all together and then picking up stitches to knit the neck edge and plackets.
After I finished the blocking (which I did in my sewing room), I turned around and saw the Valentine table runner I'd started before knitting pulled me in. Just one block was done and so I sat down and began stitching. I got the other two center blocks completed. It's a kit I ordered from Shabby Fabrics and I really like their instructions which you can see in the following picture.
Since they put the kit together, all the fabrics in the pictures match the actual fabrics which makes it much easier to get things in the right places. The center blocks start with a simple nine-patch which is then cut and more squares are added in.
Here's a finished one.
Maybe tomorrow I'll get more done if I don't fall prey to the knitting bug and decide to work on finishing the little sweater. ♥
I can hardly wait to see the finished sweater. Finishing isn't easy. My mother used to say that finishing a garment was another day's work. Well, hopefully it will go smoothly for you.
ReplyDeleteOh! That valentine table runner will be beautiful in your home! I must look into this Shabby Fabrics site.
Shabby Fabrics is located in Coeur d'Alene and has been an on-line company for a number of years. They have all kinds of fun stuff and wonderful tutorials.
DeleteThanks! I bet they have email offers. I'll sign up.
Delete