These days, we must find our excitement where we can. I confess that I've never been much of a shopper, at least in the sense of going to an actual store to browse and buy. Even when I really needed something, I could usually find plenty of reasons to put off going in search of it. When online shopping became a "thing", I loved it! I didn't have to go anywhere. When I was still teaching, I Christmas shopped on my lunch hour, sandwich in one hand, surfing and buying with the other, usually paying high shipping fees as I'd even put this type of shopping off until the last minute. As I said, a shopper I am not.
So, recently I noted that my trusty purse had a problem. I've had the same one for I don't know how many years, six, seven? It's black and before its most recent problem, I'd had to take a black sharpie to some worn spots on it. Worked like a charm, until I noticed it was becoming unstitched in a crucial spot. I am not a fan of carrying a purse in the first place, but they are a necessary evil for us ladies. In order to make peace with the item, I have some specifications that must be met.
Here are pictures of my last two purses:
| Trusty black purse |
| Adorable (but small) red purse |
Notice that the fronts of both of them have additions. An easy-to-get-to area where I can have ready access to my driver's license, credit cards, etc.
Alas, the black one became unstitched in the corner where I stowed my cell phone and I could see no way to fix it.
I began to feel quite tacky, which would never do. Since we're home all day and catalogs seem to fill our mailbox on a daily basis, I began to look for a replacement. About ten days ago, one arrived from The Vermont Country Store and as I glanced through it, a purse jumped out at me. It had a front on it! It came in black with dark brown accents. I ordered! And today it came.
It's bigger than I usually buy, but not so much so that I can't live with it. And the front area is wonderful!
It even has an area for coins! And I discovered that the main purse will hold my iPad should I want to take it along for reading when Dan stops to look at trees (yes, he really does) when we're out. Double win!!♥
My purse is very old and is showing signs of wear. I have shopped for a replacement for years but have been afraid to buy online. Size is key, and I also don't like to carry advertising for the manufacturer. With your encouragement here, perhaps I'll take the plunge.
ReplyDeleteI hear you! This purse has a small label inside and just says The Vermont Country Store. No advertising some brand on the outside. I usually like a small purse, but with the things I like to have inside, they just don't work. Yes, I still carry a checkbook. . . and a bag of suckers for D. . . and a brush for windblown hair. . .
DeleteI also have to carry whatever smallish thing Mike thinks he will need -- thumb drive, important papers, etc.
Delete