Or so it seems. Hmm, even for a homebody like me, these days are getting a little weird. There were always things we did each week that helped us keep track of the days, but now we don't even have church on Sundays. We gathered in front of our TV last Sunday and using my computer and our Chrome-cast, watched "church" live-streamed via Facebook. Somehow, it didn't seem like Sunday. . .
One thing that has helped me pass the time besides the laundry (haha!), is Ann's reminding me that I could download the Kindle app on my iPad and get books through Amazon Prime. I've rewarded myself with several interesting/fun reads over the last couple of weeks which has been very helpful because the library is closed. One was recommended by Ann and I found it interesting because I could remember many of the names featured in it. It's Upstairs at the White House: My Life with the First Ladies by J.B. West who was Chief Usher during five presidencies, Roosevelt through Johnson.
Of course, meals are a constant and keep me busy. There's no eating out because all the restaurants are takeout/delivery only, and somehow I can't bring myself to eat something made by someone who may have the virus and not know it yet. While I'm trying not to dwell on the reason for this quarantine, I don't want to be imprudent. So, all meals by Chef Moi. This morning I thought I would upgrade our breakfast and decided to make Ann's recipe for scones. Oh yum! We each had two, I froze four, and tomorrow we'll feast on another four.
I'm thinking of other things I can make and freeze some of. Stocking the freezer seems like a worthwhile endeavor during these must-stay-at-home days. ♥

You will enjoy the Kindle app, I'm sure.
ReplyDeleteMike suggested that we might buy take-out, but I didn't want to. I suppose if we did it, we'd figure out how it works, but I would just as soon prepare our meals. That seems the sensible thing to do.
I agree. One of these days I might rebel and throw caution to the wind, but until then, I be cookin'.
Delete