Tuesday, March 31, 2020

Crazy!


Well.  

What a day it's been.  Four snowstorms, sunshine, a virus version of a birthday party, and an earthquake.  Yes, that's right, an earthquake.  

So, to back up, we got up early this morning and my husband daringly went out in search of some items I longed for in my kitchen.  Specifically, King Arthur bread flour, and cream cheese.  There were other things, of course, but those were tops on my list.  He scored!!  As I told one of my nieces, I feel like the richest lady in town.  

And then it snowed.  Really, really snowed, and everything turned white.  And a while later, the sun came out.  Repeat three more times during the day.  

And then the birthday "party."  One of the dearest ladies I know, a friend from the first days we moved here, has a birthday today.  Her daughter came up with a genius idea for a way to celebrate Gill's (she's from England, so it's pronounced Jill) day.  She emailed a few people, asked them to email others, and so on.  We were all to drive by Gill's house at 2:30, bring a flower, and honk our horns.  They would have Gill on the front porch.  At the appointed time, I found myself in my car, down the que about five cars, and it began as more and more cars showed up.  As we got to the front of the house, Gill was on the porch and her daughter had a bucket to gather the flowers as we drove by.  I am allergic to most flowers so I took some of the quilted potholders I made before Christmas.  They did have flowers on them!  Gill was absolutely overcome as car after car drove up. What a wonderful gift for her!

And then, the earthquake.  About five, I was sitting here at my computer when all of a sudden things seemed to start moving.  Was I dizzy?  No!  The curtains were moving, Dan's empty recliner was rocking, the whole house was moving!! I realized what it was and shouted to Dan who was in the basement.  It turns out it was a rather large quake situated in the center of our state, fortunately where there's not much of anything.  

What a day.  March is definitely not going out like a lamb.  ♥

3 comments:

  1. Ha! I'm going to post about the earthquake, too. Yes, that was a lovely innovative way to celebrate a birthday. And what a lovely practical gift from you -- potholders!

    Yes, it is still cold, and it looks like maybe it will be cold for a while yet.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We woke up to more snow this morning and more during the day, but it's all gone now and even a bit of sun peeking through the clouds. We're keeping the downstairs fire going every evening as we watch a little TV. These days, it's good to be cozy.

      Delete
  2. We've been lighting a fire in the morning and then maybe not in the evening. You're right -- it's good to be cozy, probably even important.

    ReplyDelete