Ha! At least I think that's how my poor husband is feeling these days. At least the weather is crummy, so he's not tempted to be outdoors right now. Rain! Wind! Cold!
As I told my longtime pal, Kathy of Homestead Happenings, this whole situation is like a challenge to me. How long can I keep making meals with what we have? Meals that taste good! I had a win tonight. We often have waffles and bacon for dinner on nights when a cozy meal is called for. But we had that last week. Somehow or other, I stumbled onto a recipe for pancakes this afternoon. Normally I'm not much of a pancake fan; they've always tasted too heavy to me. This recipe had rave reviews so I printed it off and gave it a try. YUM! Simple, simple ingredients, but awesome flavor and texture. And Dan, who loves pancakes, gave them two thumbs up, too. Here the link. I halved the recipe and we got ten yummy pancakes, which was perfect for us.
To backtrack a week or so, I have a couple more things to say about our vacation house. It was kind of a "smart house." It had a thingy in many of the rooms that turned out to be a Google version of Alexa. We drove that poor thing crazy with a myriad of questions such as When's low tide? When does the sun set in Rockaway Beach, Can you play some Ella Fitzgerald? and so on. The best part was when we were cooking. "Hey Google! Set the timer for ten minutes!" and she would. Do I want such a thing at home? Nope, but it was fun for a while!
And here's a picture of the intrepid Keat cleaning off our windows for a better view after a naughty seagull left splatters all over them.
And those pillars under the house? It is supposed to be tsunami resistant. The angle of the photo makes them look a little weird, but they were straight up and down. ♥

What a memorable vacation!
ReplyDeleteI do not have a smart house, but I have an "Echo Dot," courtesy of my daughter's employment with Amazon. And I love Alexa. She plays Northwest Public Broadcasting while I work in the kitchen, and yes, she's a great timer! Mike gets her to play his favorite country western tunes. She's not expensive, and she's easy to set up. Think about it.
We had so much going on, and often no one in the house, that we didn't use it to it's full capacity (such as we knew it), but it was helpful. We did stymie it several times and it would say, "I don't know about that."
Delete