Friday, March 27, 2020

Catchin' Up

Well hello there, faithful readers!  We're back home and settling in as we weather this virus thing. I'm a homebody anyway, so staying home is no problem for me, but Dan likes to wander so this is a bit unsettling for him.  He's trying to find ways to keep busy, but even yard work is at a halt because we're unable to use the recycling center or transfer station for leaves, etc.  Right now he's studying up on how to use a camera he's had for years but balked at learning all it can do.  (I should be doing the same with my camera. . .)

We had the most wonderful time at the coast.  The weather could not have been more perfect! Blue skies, fifty plus degrees, and little wind.  We sat out on chairs (me), walked the beach, and some intrepid members of our group even donned swimsuits and braved the waves, if only briefly.  

View from our house

The house we rented was built with the living areas on the second floor, along with a luxurious master suite which Dan and I got to use.  Another master suite was on the first floor along with a nice queen room and a bunk room as well as a lovely big family room.  These, along with the four baths allowed us all to spread out all over the house and never feel cramped.  The kitchen was beautiful and pretty well equipped so we were able to have wonderful meals with not much adaptation.  The house is less than two years old and had windows everywhere giving us gorgeous views from dawn (Dan and Daniel) to sunset.  

It was definitely barefoot weather!

Now that we're home, I resolutely turned my hands to finishing a doll sweater that has challenged me for the last month.  I definitely learned some new skills with this one!  How could one tiny sweater take so much time?  At any rate, I finished it last night and here's Rose modeling it for you all.  She's quite happy with it.

A full view

And a close-up of the pattern

I don't think I'll ever make another one, but I am pleased that it turned out and fits her perfectly.  She thinks it'll make a lovely open cardigan with dresses when it warms up a little.  (Did I mention that it snowed here this week?)

I hope all my readers will take care and, as we are all under the "sheltering at home" order, find time to do things we've wanted to do but didn't have time for. Reading?  Knitting?  Quilting?  Hang in there, friends. As we say at our church, "God's got this!"  ♥


3 comments:

  1. Thanks for the update on your wonderful vacation. Glad you were able to follow-through with your plans. And the sweater is adorable. It's so much fun to make these little things.

    Like you, staying at home doesn't bother me, but Mike is more challenged. Had to laugh that Dan finds his camera daunting. I set mine on automatic and let it do its thing. I'm rarely in a situation where I need to control the settings, but when I am, I'm at a loss.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, we consider ourselves extremely fortunate in that we got to go at all, and then to have the weather be so perfect! All this week we've said over and over that if we'd gone this week, we'd probably have had to leave the day after we got there because they closed the beaches and rentals. I forgot to mention that Ann brought a wild purplish nail polish and we both sported fancy toes as we went about barefoot! So.Much.Fun!

      Delete
    2. Haha! What a fun idea to take a nail polish in an outlandish color on vacation. I would never have thought of it. I have never polished my toenails. (In fact, my fingernails are terrible).

      Delete