Thursday, March 5, 2020

Sunshine and Sweaters

March has arrived and the sun is shining! Love it! I'm actually wearing a shirt rather than a fleece top today and I feel so free.  Spring is definitely on its way and the last lingering piles of snow have disappeared.  Of course, more may come, but still, spring is on its way!

I finished the little sweater I was working on and here's the finished product on its intended wearer:


It turned out just right and I was able to pick up the stitches around the front and neck with no problems. Ditto sewing the pieces together.  And if you don't recognize this little girl, she's Clementine, a Girl for All Time doll.  They are created in England and the various dolls are from different eras in British history.  Clemmie's era is WWII.  I fell in love with her face as I perused doll patterns on the internet.  Every time she was the model, I wanted her.  I finally consulted with Dan and he asked why I hadn't already ordered, so I did.  I call her my Valentine's present.  

Here's a closer look at her sweet face. (Don't you just love how I chopped off the top of her head?  A photographer I'm not.)


I purchased the sweater pattern from Pixie Faire and the designer is Genine Allan of Genniewren Designs.  She is British herself and the pattern includes a wonderful history of wartime clothing in England.  

I am currently knitting another doll sweater for, I think, my Magic Attic Rose.  It's quite an involved pattern and I'm learning tons (in addition to learning how to carefully unknit rows!)  I've decided it's a lesson in patience and skill building.  ♥

4 comments:

  1. There you go -- patience and skill-building. We can never have enough of either.

    Is Clemmie new? She IS a sweet doll, and she knows she loves her new sweater.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, I just got her for Valentine's Day. She just makes me smile and I think you're right--she loves her new sweater.

      Delete
  2. Clementine is very pretty and I love her green eyes. The cardigan is beautiful. I have a few 18 inch dolls myself that could use a few items. I think you have inspired me !

    ReplyDelete