It's true! The sun is shining, the birds are chirping and the windows are open. It's a glorious day for certain! It's amazing how a lovely day can boost the spirits.
We were excited to learn yesterday that the yard waste section of the recycling center was reopening and so my sweetheart is out mowing the lawn and gathering up the few remaining leaves from last fall. He's a happy man! Ann, Eric and boys have taken advantage of this beautiful day and loaded their kayaks and headed for the river to, as Ann termed it, "isolate on some water." As Eric works, Ann teaches, and the boys do schoolwork from home using their computers and other devices, the time had come to go have some fun. Good for them.
We were excited to learn yesterday that the yard waste section of the recycling center was reopening and so my sweetheart is out mowing the lawn and gathering up the few remaining leaves from last fall. He's a happy man! Ann, Eric and boys have taken advantage of this beautiful day and loaded their kayaks and headed for the river to, as Ann termed it, "isolate on some water." As Eric works, Ann teaches, and the boys do schoolwork from home using their computers and other devices, the time had come to go have some fun. Good for them.
Dan and I went to the store the other day, my first outing in three weeks. We found everything we were looking for and as we checked out, I thanked our outgoing and smiley clerk for her work. Before she let us put our purchases on the counter she had very thoroughly cleaned every inch of her stand as the previous customer left. She looked at me and then said, "I'm marking you down as one of my angels," and proceeded to make a tally mark on her left forearm. I looked at her and she said when customers were nice as I was, she marked them down and it helped her get through her day. I still must have looked confused so she told me that many of her customers were angry and rude; some yelled and one even gave her the one-fingered salute, and not the good kind. I was shocked! She nodded and then gave me a big smile and said, "Thank you." If I could have hugged her, I would have.
I'm continuing to knit on a new pair of socks although the color is not the greatest. I've loved the other socks I've knit from Knit Picks Stroll Tweed sock yarn, but this brown isn't very appealing. They'll be warm and cozy though, and that's all that counts. (I'm still loving that adorable yarn bowl!)
I also finally bought a cover for my iPad with help from Eric while we were on vacation. I'm not really a pink girl, but this makes me smile every time I see it.
I love that it turns off the iPad when it's closed, and when I open it, it quickly goes right back where I left it without punching any buttons. That grooved top also folds to become a stand. ♥
I expect cashiers are glad to be working, but it is true that they are right out there and deserve our appreciation. Besides, I'm not fond of self-check.
ReplyDeleteThis isn't the same situation you describe, but I joined a local FB quarantine group. I expected it to promote pulling together to find things and provide encouragement. While that might be true sometimes, at others participants are judgemental of others. Makes me think twice about going to the store. As much as we say we're all in it together, we don't (always) act like it.
I also have a cover for my iPad, and I love it! It's black, though -- not a pretty pink.
She said she's worked there for about ten years and feels like she's got a good immune system because of that--all the people/illnesses she's come in contact with over that time.
DeleteYou were brave to join a FB group like that. I've been astounded at what some people have written, just as general comments. I'm not about to go there!
Oh! And about the socks -- I can see that you have worked with more inspiring yarn, but these socks will be serviceable. Good work! Enjoy!
ReplyDeleteI got the yarn as part of a bundle and in the skein, it looked fine, but knit up it just looks like spotted brown. Oh well!
Delete