For a couple of hermits, the last few weeks have been busy and social for us. We enjoyed the rehearsal dinner and wedding of our long-time friends' son on the 17th and 18th. Both were in a nearby town, so some driving was involved and we even sneaked in a trip to Costco before the rehearsal dinner. We had a great time at both events and the tablecloths were perfect on the tables Friday night.
The following Monday was a big birthday for Dan, and Ann and Eric convinced me that we really must do a party. I'm not good at parties, but they both helped and we did it. Dan wasn't really looking forward to this birthday, but he really enjoyed his party and I'm glad we did it. A good number of local friends came and we enjoyed a beautiful evening in a local park, eating and gabbing the evening away.
Today a friend from college days and her husband were in town and we thoroughly enjoyed a leisurely lunch with them a local restaurant. Lois and I lived in the same dorm forty-five (!!!!) years ago and hadn't seen each other since just after Dan and I married, so that's over forty-three years. I don't think the guys had ever met, or if they did, it was briefly, but they had a good time visiting, too.
Meanwhile, things are stirring back to life here at the resort in the remodeling department, Dan's busy season with his consulting work is winding down for a while, so we're working on bathrooms. Several weeks ago Eric, Cam and Keat came over on a Saturday and along with Dan, they pulled out the old shower stall in the bath adjoining our bedroom. (Should I say, "our en suite?" a la HGTV?) We've debated possibilities for the new shower, and as much as I'd like to go all tile, I don't think it's worth the effort it would take to do it, so I think we'll just go with a new white (the old was harvest gold) stall and call it good. Hey, it'll get me clean just fine. :-) Meanwhile, new light fixtures, shower rods, etc, have made their way into the main upstairs and downstairs baths. Each new piece makes me smile!
Here's a picture of the gaping hole that's in our bath right now:
Having access to the plumbing for the tub in the main bathroom will enable Dan to do some upgrades there, too, Our well water has worked a number on the pipes and fixtures.
Meanwhile, the flower pots on our deck are in bloom and I just love the wonderfully bright flowers. We bought the plants at Costco last year and Dan was able to keep them alive over the winter in our sunroom. (Truth: if plants depended on me to live, they wouldn't.)
♥
The plant is beautiful! I have never been successful in over-wintering any plant. However, I don't have a sunroom.
ReplyDeleteTell Dan it's just a number on a page -- just a number. It doesn't mean a thing . . .
Personally, I wouldn't regret the decision not to do tile in the bathroom. I used to spend hours cleaning our tile, not to mention the time to install. You'll love the new white shell which will reward you by being easy to clean.
Thanks for the encouragement on the shower stall! We still have some plumbing to do, but at least we've made some decisions. We seem to be slower than molasses these days, but eventually we'll get this done. Thankfully we have two other bathrooms. (How spoiled are we?)
DeleteWow that's a whole lot of people. I might be slightly insane by now if it were me. LOL
ReplyDeleteI feel for you on the bathroom remodel, what a drag! But you'll be so thrilled when it's done.
Tile looks fabulous... especially if you never use it. Fiberglass shower stall are SO much easier to take care. Smart move!
Thanks for your insight on the shower stall, CJ. I helps to know others think I've made the right decision. Now if we could just get back to it! Dan's been busy with work, spending time with the grandsons before they went back to school, helping a friend with a big project, and then having his knees rebel on him for over a week. Hopefully next week he'll have time to get back to it.
DeleteI enjoy the subtle references to the "nearby town" and Costco. I know what you're talking about... *wink*
ReplyDeleteWhen Dan is done with that bathroom, send him over here!
Hi Hallie! Yup, *wink*, you're right on. (: I'll send Dan over, but he might be too old by then to be of help!! Right now we're waiting on a part that's still two weeks out. Sigh.
Delete