Wednesday, July 8, 2015

A Memorable Breakfast

As mentioned in a recent post, breakfast is one of my favorite meals to cook.  Yesterday was Tuesday, Choose Day, and since I don't exercise that day (I'm a MWF girl), I decided it was time for eggs Benedict.  Mmmm.

They were every bit as delicious as I anticipated and worth every moment of the clean-up.  As I washed the pans and utensils, I realized I was taking a trip down memory lane and each stop led to people I loved.


The egg poaching pan was purchased in Boise on a trip to visit our son Matt and family.  The whole idea of being able to fix eggs Benedict at home was inspired by my sister-in-law, Karen. The cute little whisk and spatula were part of my Christmas presents from Ann and her family several years ago and were picked out by Daniel when he was just two.  

How can I go wrong with a delicious meal and happy memories?  ♥

2 comments:

  1. My parents had one of those pans-- not quite so fancy. They would line each cup with a strip of bacon, then break an egg into it. Pretty much that was it, except for the seasoning. The pan was around for years, but they didn't use it much.

    Growing up, I remember poached eggs on toast. And Mother served soft-boiled eggs in egg cups. (I have a lot of egg cups I never use.) Our eggs of choice are fried or scrambled.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I pretty much like eggs cooked any way. Loved the eggs in egg cups when I was little--I could dip the toast strips forever. :)

    ReplyDelete