The wheels on our wonderful '04 Ford Explorer have gone 'round and 'round for almost eleven years. I can't believe we've had it so long--longer as our main vehicle than any other we've owned (Dan has had pickups that we had longer). We've been toying with looking for a new "car" for a year or so and had pretty much decided that if we bought, it would be a Toyota 4Runner because we've been so pleased with Dan's Tundra since we bought it two years ago.
Last Thursday Dan had a meeting in Coeur d'Alene and I went along because I needed a fun day. Bear Paw Quilting is just around the corner from where he had the meeting so I knew I could very enjoyably spend hours there. And the Toyota dealership was just across the street! Do you see where this is heading?
Yes, I have new wheels. A gorgeous white 4Runner with all kinds of fun bells and whistles!
It drives like a dream. I'm reading the manuals every day and hope to be up to speed on everything in a year or so! The built-in GPS helped get me out of Coeur d'Alene alive (Ann and Eric are buying the Explorer so Dan drove himself home). The salesman synced my cell phone with the car's system and all I have to do is push a button and say, "Call... ." Amazing!! Eric synced my iPod and between that and XM radio I'll never want for tunes.
We'll be adding running boards in the next few weeks, but until then I'm pleased to report that my hours at the fitness center have paid off and I can jump up and in with no problem.
We'll be adding running boards in the next few weeks, but until then I'm pleased to report that my hours at the fitness center have paid off and I can jump up and in with no problem.
I loved, loved, loved my Explorer and there was a small fear in me that no other car would fit me like it did. I'm thrilled to report this one seems to. ♥

Yeah -- just don't look back. Our car is an '06 --almost 10 years and perhaps beginning to "nickel and dime" us.
ReplyDeleteBut now for the important question: What happened at Bear Paw Quilts? Did you visit there, or was the Toyota dealership enough?
I will have to say the Explorer was an exemplary vehicle in the repair department and I hope it continues it winning ways for Ann and Eric.
DeleteAnd of course I visited Bear Paw. It's such a wonderful store--inspiration at every turn. I could have done a lot of damage to the wallet but the purchase of the 4Runner kept me prudent. :-)
I imagine that the Explorer will meet the needs for which Ann's family will use it. Nice that you could make it available to them.
ReplyDeleteI have so much going that I'm trying not to find new inspiration. I need to us up some fabric. I guess I'm the same way -- when we make a big expenditure I try to curtail my whims for a while, but usually the car comes out of a dedicated pocket.
Well, since I've been a little lax in the sewing department for a while, inspiration was what I needed. I, too, have lots to use up, but when I see beautiful quilts made up it reminds me of what I have at home and that's a good thing.
DeleteOur purchase came out of dedicated funds, too, but still, spending large sums of money does not come easily to either of us. (Too many years of scrimping and saving to overcome. :-)
Oh I get it! You're not necessarily looking for inspiration through a new project but also to finish what you've started. Cool!
ReplyDeleteWe don't spend money easily either. Yes, it's the years of scrimping and saving but also the training we received from our parents. We're the better for it. (It still kills me to pull thread off a bobbin and toss it because I need the bobbin for another color.)
Oh, I so hear you on the bobbin thread! And invariably, no matter how weird the color, I will almost immediately need to wind a new one for some oddball project.
DeleteExciting! Does it have a backup camera? When we finally upgrade, I dream of a backup camera. Much more parallel parking here than in Idaho.
ReplyDeleteYes!! I haven't parallel parked it yet, but I love it for backing up. My neck doesn't swivel as well as it used to. :-)
DeleteJealous! You deserve such luxury!
ReplyDelete