Friday, June 12, 2015

Now Appearing on the Breakfast Table...

For some strange reason, my favorite meal to fix is breakfast!  And this from someone who definitely isn't a morning person.  Poached eggs and hashbrowns, waffles and bacon, egg on toast, scones, coffee cake, and muffins.  The list goes on and on.  Of course I don't make these things every morning due to time constraints, but when I do have the time, I enjoy whipping up something tasty.  I even do eggs Benedict, thanks to my sister-in-law, Karen.  She makes them every time we visit and I love them and have copied her. Yum!

I had some overripe bananas a few weeks ago, but not enough for banana bread, so I tried some banana muffins for the first time.  They turned out well, so yesterday when I had more bananas, I made another batch.  


It's just a basic muffin recipe with the addition of bananas and chopped pecans.  And speaking of chopped pecans, I absolutely love this knife:


Its flat bottom and non-pointy tip make it easy to chop whole nuts in a flash.  The Pioneer Woman uses one often on her show and I was intrigued, so I ordered one from Williams-Sonoma when they had a tempting pre-Christmas sale.  It also works beautifully for thinly slicing both cooked and raw meats because its blade is very thin.  

Let's hear it for breakfast--the most important meal of the day!  ♥

2 comments:

  1. Yes, it's an important meal. My dad loved to putter in the kitchen in the morning and make a big breakfast for all. However, I didn't inherit that trait. In fact, I don't like to eat first thing in the morning -- never have. I eat high-fiber cereal for breakfast, sometimes several hours after I get up.

    Interesting knife. Thanks for showing it --and thanks for the post.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well, now that I don't have to race off to work, I like to sit for half an hour or so with the paper, and maybe my coffee, before I head to the kitchen to cook. I'm in no hurry in the morning!

      Delete