Thursday, June 11, 2015

Another Dayna Update

I'm late in writing this, but I do want to share the latest news about our friend, Dayna. She recently had another MRI and the results were amazing as you will see from what she wrote: 

Some very good news today during chemotherapy as we went over the scan results. Shrinkage of the tumor in two places and no growth in others, along with necrosis (cell death) in the center of the tumor!! A Grade IV glioblastoma can double in size every 2-4 weeks, so this is quite amazing. On a scale of 1-10 the doc said these results are an 8. We'll TAKE it.

And then a few days later this amazing woman wrote this:

In light of my recent (incredible) scan results, I often hear people rejoice with me and say that God is good. It is almost an instinctive response, I think, especially for people of faith. It is an answer to prayers, a reflection of both His goodness and my family's perseverance throughout treatment and so many unknowns.

Yes, indeed, God is very good.

I have had a sentiment echoing in my heart this week that I would like to share. God is good, and He has always been and will always be good. If the tumor in my brain had grown, He would still be sovereign and in control. He would still be good! If cancer takes my life tomorrow, God's goodness is unchanging. No matter the results of scans, or tests, or trials in life, our response should be that YES! HE IS GOOD! A resounding truth that honors His plan and our trust in Him.

No matter the circumstance, yes, God is good.

It is natural to praise God when outcomes are favorable, when they reflect our desires and deepest hopes. I appreciate and value every comment that 'God is good,' because I share that belief and conviction! How the tears filled my eyes when the results from my MRI were read to me on Monday. What an incredible thing to hear after a few months of treatment, five days a week, with no assurance that progress was being made. If the results had been different, however, would our reaction be the same? Would we still praise Him for being good? Would we still worship?

I believe that my God heals. That He works miracles. I have been a beneficiary of some incredible miracles in my life, miracles of rescue and redemption and yes, of physical healing as well. It was one such miracle of rescue that led me back to walking with God, after years of disobedience.

The truth of the matter, however, is that not everyone is healed. All of us, every single one of us, is 'terminal.' We all have an expiration date on our lives here on earth. I may not be healed of cancer in my lifetime. Or, He may choose to heal me! (That would be incredibly in accordance with MY plan, in case God wants some input.) Both outcomes would mean that He is good. That He has always been good. That His plans are not my plans, and His ways are not my ways.

We can't see the biggest picture of all, the one where all of our lives are threads in a tapestry, and are interwoven and connected in ways that only the Creator could see. Every slight change brings about a different ending. God is good. He will always be good, regardless of what tomorrow brings. His plan is FOR us. His grace is for us… and my heart is for Him.

Enjoy the rest of your weekend. With love and immense gratitude!
Dayna

This dear girl is an amazing gift to us all and continues to awe me with her attitude. I know many of my readers join me in praying for her and her little Maddie.

3 comments:

  1. So glad of the positive update!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Me, too! You would like Dayna--she's so much fun.

      Delete
  2. Clearly she has discovered some great universal truths in her quest for understanding. We can all take heart. What blesses one blesses all. Thanks for the update.

    ReplyDelete