Apparently a dark and cozy day was just what I needed to rev up my sewing mojo. After doing some knitting and a sending a few messages back and forth with my friend Kathy, I decided to see about making a little wall hanging for the entry way instead of working on the table runner.
I had a certain pattern in mind and amazingly enough, I found it! There are lots of patterns and books in my sewing room and while I try to be organized, things are a bit, um, unorganized at the moment. But maybe not as unorganized as I think, because in a matter of ten minutes I had the pattern and had found all the fabrics I needed. I had a totally fun time tracing, cutting, ironing and stitching away. The pieces are all backed with Steam-A-Seam and ironed on to the background. I used stitch 1329 on my Bernina 830 to cover the edges and add detail.
I just love the funkiness of it! The pattern comes from the book Special Occasion Wall Hangings by Julie Bohringer of Patch Abilities. The pattern called for the hanging to be thirty inches long, which of course was much too long for where I wanted it. I made the red streamers a third shorter and I think it turned out just right. Fun, fun, fun! ♥
You are so clever! I love it.
ReplyDeleteI don't know how clever I am, but I can pick out a cute pattern! :-)
DeleteI think thirty inches would have been much too long. This is perfect!
ReplyDeleteThanks, Hallie! It makes me smile every time I see it. :-)
Delete