Tuesday, June 17, 2014

June Marches On

It's a dark and cold day here at the resort.  We even have the heat on!  I confess to sitting here in my jammies and robe while I contemplate what I'm going to do today.  Given the weather, it's safe to say I'll be spending the day inside.  Meanwhile, my sweetie is out in the woods helping some foresters try to determine what's wrong with their plantations.  (FYI:  plantations are what foresters call areas where they have planted trees.)  Hope he stays warm and dry!

I picked up my knitting again after a few weeks hiatus. I've made enough socks that I thought I knew what to do next without looking at the pattern.  Turns out, I was wrong.  I had to pull out several inches on the heel, but now I'm a few rows into the correct sequence.  I predict I'll be knitting on this cozy, indoor day.

On the scrapbooking front, I have completed seven pages in the last few days!  Yay for me!  Onward and upward: summer of 2002 coming right up.  :-)  I do have a problem though--when I finish this album, as in use all the pages that are in it, I will have used the last of my Creative Memories supplies and they went out of business.  I have checked locally and on the internet, but it seems albums had changed dramatically since I was last busily scrapbooking, and I don't care for the new styles. I hope to be able to get some from a new company that is supposedly taking Creative Memories place, but so far my attempts to meet up with the consultant haven't panned out.  I guess I need to try again.  There's always Ebay, but I don't shop there and really don't want to try although I may have to in the end.  

And in the sewing room?  I had to order some fabric for the center of the runner I'm working on, but it came a few days ago so I can get back to it. 

Looks like I have plenty of fun projects I can work on today.  Guess I'd better get in the shower and get started on this day!  ♥      

3 comments:

  1. I stayed in my jammies and nice new warm robe for hours -- until someone started asking if I planned to get dressed today. It's chilly here, too, of course, and we'll have a fire soon.

    Yes, the format changes -- and there we are. Maybe you'll luck out and find some pages, or maybe you could modify?

    Stay warm and busy.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've been knitting and am now further along than I was before unraveling my mistake. I think I found a pattern for a small patriotic wall hanging to make for the entryway, and I've exercised, showered and done some scrapbook album researching on the internet. More business to come--but I think I need to put on a sweater!

      Delete
    2. My! You are having a productive day. Sweater -- yes! It's chilly in the vintage sewing room. We are confined to the house because of the rain.

      Delete