Tuesday, June 24, 2014

Another Finish

Hooray!  I finished the table runner I've been working on last night.  Whew!  


I love the appliqued leaves in the middle, but there was a whole lotta blank space that I wasn't sure about quilting-wise.  I pondered what to do for several days and finally, yesterday morning, I decided to take the plunge and just meander quilt the whole thing.  As I put in on my Handi-Quilter, I kept telling myself that if I ruined it, to just consider the whole thing a learning experience.  :-) Overall, I'm happy with how it turned out although perhaps I should have used a lighter thread.  Maybe. Anyway, when I put it on the coffee table to photograph, I loved how it looked there, so I think I've found its home for fall!  ♥

2 comments:

  1. A wonderful finish.

    You know -- I've adopted that as my philosophy about my stitching. If it doesn't turn out -- oh well, I learned something. It's the "practice makes perfect" adage all over again. But, for you it had a happy ending.

    The runner IS perfect on your coffee table. In fact, I didn't realize that the wood of the table frames the runner until you mentioned it. The colors blend so well.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Now that I don't have to come up with projects on a regular basis, I have the luxury of saying it doesn't matter. What a relief! Now it can just be fun.

      Delete