I've been knitting up a storm lately, and I finished up a scarf yesterday.
The pattern is a free one from Lion Brand yarn and can be found here. CJ of TinkSquared tipped me off to the pattern and said it was easy and fun. She, of course, used wool, but since I'm not certain just what I'll do with this scarf, I purchased the yarn suggested by the pattern, Vanna's Choice, which was on sale at our local Michael's. The yarn is an oatmeal heather and looks quite perfect for the pattern. And it will obviously work for men or women. I did enjoy making it and it was cheap fun! Now I just need to block it.
And speaking of blocking, I ordered some blocking squares from KnitPicks and I'm anxious to give them a try. The neat thing about these squares is that they can be put together in various configurations which means I can make a long row of them for the scarf. Woohoo!!
Currently on my needles is a sock featuring String Theory's Caper Sock yarn in delft. Oh. My. This yarn is sooo incredibly smooth! And the color!
I started this sock a few weeks ago, then stopped because I just had to try the scarf pattern. I'll have this one done soon, and then hopefully the other right after that. Can't wait to wear them!
In other news, I scrubbed sinks yesterday! Such a virtuous feeling. And Dan has painted the closet and is in the process of putting up the hanging bars! Then we can hang our clothes back up again! Still no plan for the floor. (Guess who hasn't been shopping?)
After a long hiatus, I'm linking up with Judy's On the Needles. ♥
Love the scarf -- and the socks, too. I also bought Vanna's Choice recently ("brick" and "lamb") in order to make a doll sweater for American Girl. I don't worry too much about my gauge when I make afghans and scarves, but I'm struggling with this little sweater.
ReplyDeleteOoo, a doll sweater. I have pattern bookmarked over at Pixie Fairie that keeps calling my name, but so far I've resisted. Can't wait to see yours.
DeleteThe instructions for the sweater I'm making came with Simplicity 3551, but I think they can be found online under Simplicity Creative Group. (I think we've talked about this pattern before.) Well, don't hold your breath. So far I've restarted at least four times. Frustrated? No -- not really. I just want it to be useful and manageable for small hands.
DeleteI admire your tenacity! I agree--for kids the clothes need to be easy to use. I know you'll get there!
DeleteVery pretty scarf with all those cables! Those socks are great! What a beautiful color!
ReplyDeleteThanks, Judy! I'm not very speedy with the cables, but I love the look. I got that sock done and I'm started on the second! Thanks for stopping by and leaving a comment.
Delete