Sunday, February 2, 2014

Victory . . . and a Yummy Dinner

Yes!!  The Seahawks won!  As long time Seahawks fans, this is one sweet victory.  What a team!

And here is where I confess that I usually can't stand the suspense of an important game like today's.  So I went to the grocery store, and let me tell you, it was empty (which was my hope)!  I roamed up and down the aisles, looked at sections I usually breeze through, and thoroughly enjoyed myself.  I returned home just after half time to discover that the 'Hawks were doing fantastically, and thus I was able to watch the second half while cooking dinner instead of hiding around the corner.

We were out of several needed items (no milk or eggs at our house), but I was also shopping for a recipe my long-time blog friend CJ posted today.  She is always tempting me one way or another--sewing machines, artisan bread, pressure cookers, the list goes on.  We "met" on a Bernina listserve probably eight or more years ago and we've kept in touch ever since.  

Anyway, the recipe was One Pot Kielbasa with Cabbage, Apples and Caraway and I'm here to tell you it is one terrific meal!  Here's a picture of my pot:



And here's a link to the recipe: Click here! Thanks, CJ!  ♥

4 comments:

  1. I'm so glad you enjoyed it Chris! And I am here to say I am being tempted by your gorgeous pot! Oh how I want a double handle All-Clad pot like that!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I do love that pan!! And guess what--it's not an All-Clad. I bought it at Costco for like $50 and it's perfect. So heavy and wonderful, with a copper layer. I had drooled over it for months, and finally one day last summer, I just plopped it into the cart. It's so beautiful, I'd keep it on the counter if I had room for it!! I think it's 5-qt. Washes like a dream, too.

      Delete
  2. Yes, it is a beautiful pot. When I go out to shop for the kitchen, I remember what you once commented, Chris: "There are some things in my kitchen I truly love." I have a hodge-podge of stuff, and I suppose that's all right, but -- when one doesn't want jewelry, maybe she should spiff up the kitchen.

    We went shopping yesterday morning, which is usually good, and we were tripping over people. I told Mike that the time to shop was during the game, but I stayed home and kept the snacks flowing. I made a pot of chili from the Pillsbury site which was very good.

    A Seahawks' victory was good. We could have gone either way.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well, as you can tell from my reply to CJ, I do love that pot! What kind of crazy am I that I love beautiful pans?! And I think we *should* love the things we use every day if it's (financially) possible. Jewelry? Bah! :-)

      Delete