Monday, July 1, 2013

July, And It's Summer!

Just snapped this photo a few minutes ago.  


Yes, here in the west it's HOT, even in our corner of the world.  I am so thankful for air conditioning!  Of the four houses we've owned, two had it and two didn't.  If I have a choice, we always will.  Heat and I have never gotten along--it makes me physically ill and always has.  In the old (olden??) days when I was growing up, I tried to hang out in the coolest, darkest corner of our house and just read.  Thankfully the pool was close, so afternoons were spent there most days and that seems to work, too. Later, when we spent our summers at a Forest Service Ranger Station, the river ran right beside it, so afternoons were spent at the beach.  Beautiful, cool, clear water!  Well, I'm too old the public pool (don't want to frighten the children!), and no river runs by, so our air-conditioned house in the answer.

I finished a new little project the other day using the leftovers from the small patriotic Schnibbles quilt I made for the living room.  Our family room continues to be morphing back to it's original function (more on that in a minute), and I decided the chest Dan made years ago for a coffee table needed a little runner to spruce it up. 


I like it!  Just the umph needed to make me smile.  Yes, gentle readers, the family room is now just a family room. If you'll remember, about a month ago I was frustrated and attacked some areas to improve what had become the "dump room."  Well, it seems I inspired my sweetie, too, because he decided to move his office to a bedroom down the hall.  He'd been intending to do it for years, but you know how that goes.  Later.  :-)  Anyway, over a series of days, the area where he's worked for the last five-plus years was cleared and it's made such a difference!!  I am in love with that room again!  I keep going down there and watching TV (DVR is the greatest!!!) and fluffing the pillows on the sofa! 

Life is good.  ♥

2 comments:

  1. I was certain you would love that DVR.

    It's amazing how some change you want to make sorta lingers in the back of your mind -- sometimes for years -- and all of a sudden the ideas congeal and you make your move.

    Very cute table runner. And -- you're using up those fabric scraps in your stash, making room for new additions.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, I can't believe it took us so long to switch to DVR. Just seemed like too much work to change and figure out a new system, I guess. Trend setters we're not!

      The scraps I used up were those little squares in the middle that were wrongly cut for the wall hanging because of confusing instructions. However, the blue star border fabric has been in my stash for many, many years and it's time it was used!

      Delete