I've finally gotten down to my sewing room, and I just finished a runner for the shop featuring the Honeycrisp line of fabric from Dear Stella and the Waffle Time pattern by Atkinson Designs. It's the perfect runner for August and September when you want something late summer/fallish without pumpkins.
The pattern is the perfect showcase for that gorgeous fabric in the center. It's too beautiful to cut into smaller pieces. Feels good to be sewing! ♥
Ooooo! It *is* beautiful -- and as you say, perfect for late summer! It *does* feel so good when something comes out of the sewing room.
ReplyDeleteThanks, Kath! Yes, it felt good to be sewing again and this was a fairly quick project to do. (We won't talk about my goof on the backing which was discovered to be short when I was almost done quilting it!! I managed to cut an inch off the backing top and piece it to the bottom and reattach the whole thing to the quilting machine and finish...)
ReplyDeleteSo glad you were able to make that good save!
DeleteYeah, we're talkin' a little miracle there. And the attaching seam doesn't show--it's under the binding! ♥
DeleteMy comment was going to be, "Oooh! That IS a wonderful fabric" and then I clicked on comments and Mom basically beat me to it. ;)
ReplyDeleteHa! :-) I appreciate the compliments from both of you. It's on display at the shop and we've sold out of the pattern twice! We were amazed at the quick turn around when five more showed up at the shop yesterday morning after only be ordered on Wednesday because we were out, and then we sold those. Guess I made a good choice for a sample, which is great for the shop. We've sold some of the fabric, too.
Delete