Saturday, July 6, 2013

Jammy Grammy Stitches Again!

The phone rang last Tuesday and it was Ann, asking if Jammy Grammy was still in business.  I said, "Of course she is!"  The weather had heated up and little Daniel was in need of some summer jammies--my specialty.  

I found some fabric left from the big boys jammies a few years ago and was able to stitch up a pair in short order. Ha ha, short order--get it?  :-)  A trip to Wally World netted me a pack of little white t-shirts and I embroidered a matching design so I could deliver a set before they left for a vacation at the lake.  

I had to shop for more fabric for the next two pair, and found the perfect embroidery designs to match.


They'll be back tomorrow night and I'll be able to deliver them to the little man.  I think he'll like them!  (By the way, when I finished the little blue boxers, I realized they were my 48th pair!!  I think it may be some kind of record?  And yes, I've kept track:  I started in 2002 with a little pair for Ryan and from then on he, Cameron, and Keaton got new sets as needed.)

6 comments:

  1. How cute!! This begs the question: Do the big boys still get their boxers?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I haven't made the big boys any in a couple of years--they get taller, but not much bigger around. :-)

      Delete
  2. I am impressed both by the number of boxers you've made AND that you kept track!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I always think I'll keep track of things, but I actually did it here. I have little pieces of paper tucked into the pattern with years, waist measurements, and short descriptions of fabrics. Makes me smile.

      Delete
  3. The boxers are great. I am impressed with the elastic! What type of elastic have you found to be the best? What method do you use to put it in?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I used 1 1/4" sports elastic. It has four "channels" for stitching and works perfectly in these boxers. I think the brand is Dritz. The pattern I use is First Choice Boxers for Kids by Timber Lane Press, usually found in quilt stores. I follow the directions which are basically stretch and stitch once the ends are attached.

      Delete