Sunday, January 6, 2013

Winter Beauty...and an Almost Done Quilt

The days have been so gorgeous!  Winter, wearing her most beautiful lace dress, has graced us with her presence for days and it's been so lovely.  Here's a shot of morning breaking a few days ago:


In the dark days of January, having snow on the ground makes the days so much brighter.  Today it's been snowing the type of flakes that make us feel like we're in the middle of the snow globe and it's making us smile.  

Meanwhile, Hard Candy Christmas finally made it to the quilting machine and all that's needed now is the binding! I'm debating between the same fabric as the last border or using the green from the sashing.  I want to get started this afternoon so I'll have to decide soon.


Right now I'm leaning toward the green as I think it will give it a nice finish.  I'm a very pokey hand sewer, so it will be a day or so before I'm finally done, but done I should be by Tuesday night!  (And since I still have all my Christmas decorations up, I can put it on our bed and it'll fit right in!)

4 comments:

  1. Did you go with the green? I took one look at the picture and said, "green" before I finished reading the post. The quilt will be lovely no matter how you finish it. You're going to love it on your bed -- or anywhere in your house.

    Your snow picture is beautiful. We don't have snow here in the valley. I suppose the Valley-ites are mostly happy about that.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yup, I went with the green. I got the binding made this afternoon and it's all ready to attach to the quilt. I may start tonight or maybe wait until morning. I just got back from watching Daniel and I'm tired. :-) (Although we had a lot of fun!)

      Yes, I'm sure the valley-ites are happy with the no snow, but since our roads are mostly bare, I'm more than happy with it.

      Delete
  2. Hard Candy Christmas is so beautiful.
    Your morning photo is just beautiful and peaceful

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Cindy. I'm really pleased with this quilt. Did I tell you I got a GO! and used it to cut the pieces?

      Your word peaceful is just the right description for the snow picture.

      Delete