I am so pleased to announce that all my Christmas things are put away! Well, except for the little tree vignette in the downstairs hallway (seen in this post). I can't quite bear to take it down yet as it brightens the basement so, but that's okay because all those things go in a different spot for storage anyway.
I must say, it is kind of nice to have all that behind me and the house back to normal. Of course, my normal tends toward red and green anyway. The dining room table is the the only spot that's in a holiday mood--the new kitschy Valentine runner is there with the appropriately colored M&M's.
I asked daughter Ann if she'd like a Valentine runner and took one over today; it's the one I made two years ago with charm squares using a disappearing nine-patch pattern. Ann sent me an email this evening saying she loves it and it makes her smile every time she sees it. Yay! Perfect for her house and that makes me smile.
I watched little Daniel this afternoon and after he woke up from his nap we enjoyed watching a couple of Curious George videos on the DVR. He snuggled in next to me with his sippy cup of milk and his snack cup full of Brown Sugar and Maple Frosted Mini Wheats. What a wonderful afternoon!
I peeked at the tablerunner you gave to your DD. I see it used the same charms I recently used for the two placemats/tabletoppers. That sure was a popular line at the time.
ReplyDeleteScary part? I still have some left. I actually have two of those triangular shaped precuts (cannot remember what they're called) of that line with a pattern to use for the shapes. (LOL - sounds like a good giveaway but I know Moda doesn't make those triangle shapes anymore so maybe I'll hang on to them for a bit more).
Happy February first. Hugs
Yes, that fabric was wonderful!! I would love to find more of it. I didn't realized Moda wasn't making the turnovers any more. I only bought one set, I think it was Sandy Gervais' Gobble Gobble line, but I loved them and got tons of use out of them--a runner and a pillow.
DeleteI'm so glad Ann loves the runner! I loved it, but somehow it just didn't go in my house and even if it did, it's way more fun to have it at her house because she likes it so much.
Strange how things that really have no right or wrong can seem to be right or wrong -- like beautiful table runners that seem wrong for your house. I don't know about you, but when I decide something is wrong, I imagine that everyone can see the wrongness.
ReplyDeleteAnyway, I digress. The table runners are festive in their various settings. Good job! And it feels so great when you can please your daughter with a gift from your sewing machine.
Hi Kathy! I totally agree with your first paragraph. And as I told Cindy above, it's way more fun to have it Ann's house than it would be at ours, even if it worked here. So, you're right again in your second paragraph! :-) (Wow, two for two... LOL)
Delete